April 18, 2006

An Easter Story

Matthew and I both believed in the easter bunny when we were kids, but we haven't made much of it (him?) with Abby. Saturday night Abby got a phone call from her Meemo, and the easter bunny came up. Matthew and I were laughing as he told Meemo: "You just cost me a trip to Wal Mart." We were planning on setting out a basket anyway. The idea of the easter bunny was sinking in with Abby, and she began to ask her 101 questions. Well, the result was a freaked out Abby (our answers probably sounded odd because we were trying to phrase things so as not to seem like the easter bunny was actually real). She did NOT want that rabbit coming in the house, but she was worried that she wouldn't get a basket. Tears were calmed, and we came up with a great idea: Leave the bunny a note on the front door!

(Abby's note): Dear Easter Bunny, Please give Abby a treat, but don't come in the house because Abby is scared of your shadows. Put the treat on my carpet in front of my door. Thank you for the treat. Love, Abby P. I (heart) U

She slept in our room and made sure that the front door was double locked. She then asked how high up the note was taped, how the bunny could read, how I KNEW the bunny wouldn't get in, etc. She's a smart girl. She liked her treats, and so far, no more talk of bunny fears!

No comments: