February 7, 2007

LOTS of BBQ


belly
Originally uploaded by gennabby.
With 12 weeks left until our due date, this is the state of things: My belly feels smaller in the mornings and larger by the evening/night time. I'm still riding my bike to school, but I'll cut that out as soon as I feel less balanced. Hopefully that wont happen for at least another month and a half. I don't want to ride the "gimp wagon" (a service the school will provide to people who have broken a leg, sprained a toe, etc.), but I'll do it if necessary. Baby kicks a lot every day, particularly when (s)he hears Abby or Matthew yammering. We toured the Birthing Center in Davis this week. Abby was fascinated! She came home with all kinds of doctor's gear (including an umbilical cord clamp, which I'm hoping does not end up clamped on anything vital)and has been practicing on her baby dolls. This kiddo is READY to be a big sister!

I know I have been slow to blog, but between teaching a class, taking a class, researching for a prof, wife-ing, mothering, and gestating, I find myself fairly worn out most days. I think to blog often, but then I decide that the quietude of just resting is more appealing. All is well; we are enjoying the wonders of preparing to be a family of four--the talks, the laughs, the belly-watching, the role-playing...life is good.

No comments: