May 21, 2008

Written Exam

I took the 4-hour written portion of my Qualifying Exams today. I've written enough for one day, so this will be brief.

I'll know if I passed in a week or two; then I will take the oral exam on June 16th (if I passed). I answered two questions--the first I feel pretty good about. The second answer was choppier, less coherent, but hopefully passable! My brain decided to just poop out after hour 3. I really felt like I was fighting to understand my own writing and my own thoughts, let alone a large and challenging question. Thinking deeply is tiring for my poor brain! I'm not sure at this moment if I am cut out for this kind of work. If I don't pass, I'm gonna throw in the towel. I'll concentrate on quilting and gardening and eating bon bons with my kids.

Mostly, I want to cry, be hugged and comforted, and sleep.

Thank you to the people whom I know were praying: Mom, Mel, Bron, Matty
and to those who were praying and I didn't know it...
and to Kate for watching Noah Bean while I took the test
and to Matty for living with me through the stress.

Nap time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are doing great at being a mom so don't feel like you would be taking the mom path as a last resort. There is no nobler profession!

Genna said...

Thanks; that is encouraging :) Abby and I play this game--what would we let sink to the bottom of the ocean? She likes the one where I assure her I'd let all of my work, my computer, everything, sink like a rock to keep her. Then she always asks--what if it were me and daddy? I remind her that he can swim well and he would be fine.

Longing for summer break, when things don't feel so "sink or swim"...

Anonymous said...

I betcha you passed. Your foggy brain writing times are like most people's good writing times, so there! Brea

notes of em said...

Hey friend,
quilting and bon bon consuming are national past times here in the south.
we'd love to have you.
But I know that you were brilliant, and that God is gracious and good.
And like your friend Nancy said, no nobler a profession.