August 15, 2008

Summertime is nearing an end


Farmer's Market
Originally uploaded by gennabby.
We have had quite a full summer. Most days have been spent playing, swimming, hanging out, eating, and later watching olympics.

Abby is about to start 1st grade (on the 27th!) at a new school: Willett Elementary. She is very excited. I'm taking deep breaths as my little kiddo heads into elementary school. This is a big deal.

Noah is officially saying "bus" and "outside" and (occasionally) "eggs." He is pushing a little ride-along car (walking behind it) all over the house. As far as I can tell, three of four molars have broken through his gums now. It is not fun to feel for these things, though; he bites HARD if I stick my finger in his mouth for too long. He's being clingy with mommy at the moment; I can't get much of a break from the little monkey, but he is snuggly and darling almost all of the time, so I'm soaking in the love while I remain the #1 woman in his life. I know that will change down the road. Way down the road.

Matthew is feeling good about his job application. It is coming together well. I read his teaching statement the other day and was SUPER proud of him. He is an intentional and thoughtful teacher, and I kept thinking: "He is an awesome candidate. I would hire him. He's totally gonna get a great job."

And me. Well, I am still having a hard time feeling inspired to write my first dissertation chapter. I am tightening up my syllabus for this coming quarter's class and preparing to give my research more energy.

Other news: I killed a black widow today. We had at least 4 of them on our patio and had an exterminator come out to spray. Well, I was out counting dead black widows and looked down to realize I had just been standing on one in my flip flops. Problem is, when I took my foot off her, she started crawling! AAAACK! So I did her in with a broom. I hate spiders.

OK, back to watching Michael Phelps swim :) Click on the photo to see a few more pics from the last couple of weeks.

No comments: