October 14, 2008

serious bug-ness

Abby was transferring her dead black bumble bee, her dragonfly, and a newly found dead yellow bee into a bowl so that I could have the pleasure of washing the bug collection container. I overheard her trying to keep her brother away from the bees, and then this:

A: This is very serious bug-ness, Noah.

Abby is begging for a microscope so that she can look at the different types of wings more closely. I love this age of discovery! On our walk to the mailbox, just ten minutes ago, Abby gasped at a spider web she spied--but not for fear! Rather, she exclaimed: "It's an orb web! It must be an orb web. I see a fly caught in it, and maybe another insect!" She then told me that tarantulas found in California are not poisonous, at which the hairs on my head started raising and making my head itch.

3 comments:

Drew Miller said...

Yikes! you all do need to move to East Tennessee... plenty of bugs to keep her happy her entire life.

notes of em said...

that was me, Emily. Sorry about that

Bronwyn said...

serious bug-ness.. I love it! Miss you guys :-)