October 26, 2010

oh yeah, I turned 33 last month!


DSC_0490
Originally uploaded by gennabby.
Things have been so busy here that I've neglected to write. This is becoming a trend, I'm finding. But I will try to persevere for the sake of my 5 readers ;) whom I love and probably tell all of these tidbits to by email or phone anyway...

I had a fantastic b-day. Matthew took the kids to church Sunday morning and I got to stay home in my jammies, drink my coffee, and sew while watching an episode of Friday Night Lights. I was totally, unashamedly indulgent as I basked in the aloneness of the morning. I had only myself to dress, and hey! I was already wearing pajamas, so why bother? I had only myself to feed, and Matthew and the kids had made coffee and treats. It was a morning to remember! After that Matthew came home, kicked me out (sending me to the quilt shop near here to buy a little bit of fabric that I've been desiring) so that he could make my favorite dessert: his unmatched apple galette and hand whipped cream. We shared laughs and galette with friends. I felt celebrated and loved and--dare I say it? Rested! Amazing.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Please keep posting. I love keeping up with your always busy little family. Plus I like seeing pictures of the kiddos. We miss you!

Bronwyn said...

Reader #2 checking in :-)
I love it when you blog - even if it's been weeks, and I heard it on the phone.... and what a happy, pretty photo!

Kate Kootstra said...

Reader #3 - hooray for a restful birthday! and beautiful pic of you and miss abby!

Adams House said...

Please don't stop writing! I love to check in on your blog and see the pictures of you and your fabulous family! The next best thing would be for you guys to move to Louisiana and I don't foresee that happening....so don't stop writing! It helps me to feel closer!

I am so blessed by it all!