June 4, 2006

he drives a hard bargain

I am swamped with my last paper of the school year (it is due in a little over the week). So, I'm staying home from church while Matthew takes Abby to church to give me a couple of quiet hours. A few minutes ago he asked Abby if she wanted to stop by Starbucks on the way to church (they're still an hour early at this point). I chimed in that I would just LOVE a latte, and this is what I got:

M: Nope, Starbucks is a reward to God's people who go to church. That's from 2nd Opinions 3:16. "Go to church and your cup will runneth over with latte."

WHY did I ever agree to marry a seminarian? WORSE yet, an economist. :)

3 comments:

Bronwyn said...

You win $10 for this :-)

Hebrews 10, i think, is backing for Matthew's comment: Let's not give up the habit of meeting together but CONSIDER HOW WE CAN SPUR ONE ANOTHER ON....

If a latte doesn't count as a "spur", then I don't know what does...

Bronwyn said...

I think Starbucks counts as meeting together....

(but well done for relenting on the latte....)

Genna said...

Alright, alright. Clarification is in order. Shortly after Matthew's pithy comment, he invited me to join them at Starbucks, which I did. We had a lovely chat over coffee (and Abby's "vanilla milk"). I think Matthew might even have brought me coffee had I insisted on staying home.

My paper is still not done, so anyone wanting to meet together and/or spur me on is WELCOME to bring me lattes: I order a "tall latte with one-half pump of white mocha." Yummmmmmmmmm.