September 25, 2006

Birthdays

On the eve of my 29th birthday, I thought I'd share some special news... Many times in the last weeks I've thought to blog something, but (as some of you already know) I have a great reason for not having the energy: The Pearsons Three will be The Pearsons FOUR in about seven months! We are expecting baby #2. My pregnancy with Abby was perfect--very little morning sickness, no complications, perfect birth. This time around I have been socked with nearly 24-hour nausea. Thankfully, there are now safe medications to help with this sort of thing. So if I am not as quick to blog, be patient. There will be lots to write about as the months pass. Hopefully I'll be feeling terrific in about 3 and a half weeks (week 12). The due date is May 5 (though they say any time within the month surrounding that date would be considered "on time").

Abby is absolutely thrilled to be a big sister. She talks to the baby (puts her face right on my belly and has a chat). She talks about what the baby will and will not be able to do, eat, say, have... She is very practical about things, and she seems like a little momma herself! In fact, I think she's feeling much more "motherly" than I am at the moment. Now if that would only translate into her letting me take an uninterrupted nap...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! This is exciting news. Hope you start feeling better and it is smooth sailing from here on out.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GENNA!! I hope that today will be unusual kind to you (with the pregnancy symptoms) and that you have a spectacular and love filled day!