September 26, 2006

pac mom

While M was at a conference the past three days, I tried to keep up with Abby. Last night she was especially chatty and as I walked past a mirror, I caught a glimpse of us. I was walking and she was trailing right behind me, talk, talk, talking up a storm. The scene struck me at first as very duckling-like, but then I thought it was a little more like pac man, where pac man tries to outrun the ever-speeding ghosty-things. With Matthew away, there are no cherries for this pac mom to munch (making Abby momentarily unable to capture me). I'm thankful for her cleverness, her inquisitiveness and her loving spirit, but it is official--the kid can totally outrun, outlast, and out-talk me.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I feel your pain. I hope you had a very, very happy birthday.