October 1, 2006

chicken pops

Abby does NOT have chicken pox, but her friend Abbey O. does. Abbs was supposed to have a play date yesterday; it was cancelled and we had to explain to Abby about her friend. Abby burst into tears about "chicken pops" and about how people would laugh at her if she had polka dots. Abby misunderstood Matthew when he said that Jess was not bringing Abbey O. over; Abigail thought that meant Jess was only bringing the chicken pops over! She then blubbered some questions about eating chicken pops??? I don't know what she was imagining these things to be (chickien nuggests?), but she had the impression that you got them by eating some chicken something or other. A little web MD sleuth work and discussion and she's a bit more clear on the issue now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Abby hasn't had chicken pox yet? They have some shot for that now don't they? (maybe it's more for adults). Hopefully, though, Genna you've had the chicken pox.. otherwise the virus is not so good for the nonimmune pregnant mom.

Genna said...

Yeah, I think I've had it. I need to ask my mom. :) Hopefully Abby wont get it while I'm preggers.