October 2, 2006

slow-mo

I feel like life is moving very slowly these days--not necessarily a bad thing at all; infact, we are usually moving way too quickly. My frequent naps (seriously, I took two naps today! The first one was more of a rest, but the second one was an hour and a half sleep!) seem to make the days surreal. I get drowsy every time I eat :) I think staying in one's pj's all day does that too--or perhaps it is the solitude (and the nausea) which makes one think that the world is moving in slow- motion? I teach Tuesday and Thursday afternoons 4-6 p.m., which makes the day/evening shift really odd for me. Anyway, I think I need to bust out more comfy daytime clothes to wear so that the jammies don't seem so enticing. My tummy just doesn't want to be pressed by jeans these days!

One interesting thing from the past week--I went to a "Women of Faith" conference in Sacramento. There are lots of great things I could say about it, but one surprise was that Robyn McGraw (American TV's "Dr. Phil's" wife) spoke compellingly about women and choices in how we live. Dr. Phil was there to walk her off the stage (as she has done for him so many times). They are both Christians--something I suspected, but not something they advertise from their national platform. All in all, I was encouraged and I've been pensively trying to process much of what I heard.

No comments: