October 28, 2006

double whammy

We've just learned that Matthew is set to take his oral exam (to defend his dissertation prospectus) on Dec. 1-- the SAME DAY as my prelim! He is also presenting his research in South Carolina (Nov 17-21). Given the new twist, we realized that we would both be pressed very hard with our studies this month, so we called for help... My sister is flying up Nov.15th to pick Abby up and fly her to San Diego for a 15-day vacation with Aunt Andi, Alec, Mia, Mimi, and the cousins... I hear that a Disneyland trip is in the works!

So, this will give M and I study time and will make the time MUCH more fun for Abby. Yay for having help from a village! This also may be the last time M and I are together by ourselves for a LONG time (with baby coming in early May...). We will try to to take study breaks once or twice to go see a movie and have a dinner out.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Can Lillian go too???? We are praying. It is almost over.