October 13, 2006

we're still here

An update on our fam...
Matty: M is working on paper #1 of 3 papers that will comprise his dissertation. He has been the champ of champs at home during a long six weeks of G's nausea. He is a TA this quarter and is preparing for presenting his research at a conference in November.
Genna: I still feel cruddy in the evening and at night in particular, but we're officially at 11 weeks now, so hopefully after another week or so I'll be in the clear! I haven't gained any baby weight yet, but clothes are fitting differently for sure! I'm getting a little pot belly, which Abby LOVES to talk to. She thinks she can feel kicks (it is still early for that though). I'm teaching a writing class and trying to study for my prelim exam.

You can pray for encouragement for both M and I; we are tired and discouraged at times as we face mountains of work.

Abby: She is being a real trooper. Abby is especially excited about trying out the church (K-6) choir (starts Friday!). She has had the sniffles for a while but nothing major. A likes to look at ("read") books in bed at night (just like her daddy). Last night we found her asleep with sixteen large books; no doubt it took her several trips to get those into bed. She had school pictures taken the other morning. I saw something stuck on her face so I licked my pinky and tried to rub it off. She said to me: "Now rub your germs off too." Ha!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

We miss ya'll. Come over and eat yummy food. Wish we were together.