October 17, 2006

props to Matthew

I mentioned that M has been a champ, but this deserves special mention. This past Saturday I got a serious headache--I'm not sure what sort it was, but it was awful. Tylenol wouldn't touch it and the doc said (over the phone) that I could take Vicodine. One vicodine and two hours later I was still in just as much pain. One more vicodine and thirty minutes later and my body decided to revolt. All night long. Dear Matthew held my hair and fetched washcloths as I threw everything and then nothing up over and over. Around 4 a.m. we quit trying to sleep and decided to watch a DVD. I took some anti-nausea medication, put the hot rice pack on my neck (THANK YOU, Bronwyn and Jeremy!) and prayed for relief. We both fell asleep at 5:30 and Abbs was up Sunday morning at 7:30, so we took shifts. If one must be sick all through the night, it sure helps to have a loving hubby to just be there and be willing to forego sleep if it makes things even a little more bearable. He earned some stripes this weekend, for sure.

I'll try to remember this the next time I'm frustrated with Matthew for declaring "spider amnesty day" when I beg him to kill a spider in our house.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to be like Matthew when I grow up.

From afar,
Peter

Genna said...

That's funny, he always says that about you, Pete.