November 13, 2006

prayer for Dustin

Friends and Family,

I ask your prayer for someone I don't know. He's a father of three, a husband, and he's the campus minister at Furman University with the same ministry Matthew and I worked for when we met. Here is what was sent by email: "Last wednesday Dustin was giving his new mountain bike a test ride with his two sons in their neighborhood when he somehow fell and received a massive brain injury. He was airlifted to the hospital, underwent surgury and is now in a coma. It doesn't look like this will be lethal, but there will most likely be serious brain damage. Brain activity is measured on a scale from 3 to 15--Dustin is at about 4 right now,while you and I are at 15. He has a wife and three children. The kids don't really understand that daddy "will probably not wake up"."

I know if it were Matthew in Dustin's place, I would want the whole world praying for his recovery.

If you want to pray and keep up with his progress, see our friend Grant Beechy's blog: http://www.redeemerchurch.net/dustin/

1 comment:

Brian64 said...

Hi Genna... will be praying for your "RUF family" friend.

I've been experimenting with blogging... come see it at http://padandpen.blogspot.com

Tell Matthew and Abby hello.