November 28, 2006

kick kick

M and I have just three days until we face down our big tests. We both feel good about our preparation and we are mopping up the bits of reading, typing, and studying as we look to Friday. Abby has been in San Diego (she goes to Disneyland on Wednesday for the first time!) and we will get her back Thursday morning. We are all longing for Saturday morning--to wake up and NOT have to study will be amazing.

"Barbeque" has been kikcking me daily. We're 17.5 weeks along now, so BBQ is about 5 inches long (according to the books). We will have our big ultrasound on Dec. 15th (the half-way mark!!), but don't expect to know if BBQ is a girl or a boy; we are leaving that surprise until we see our baby in person! We fondly remember waiting outside the delivery room when our dear friends Pete and Melanie announced that there was a new baby girl in the world...well, Pete announced it; Melanie was a little busy. Anyway, that was a great moment and we look forward to our own big announcement in a little over 5 months from now. Keep us in prayer on Friday! I'll check back in after Dec. 1st!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Genna, I check into your blog site whenever I get online (once every couple of weeks), and I love reading your entries...you have such a gift of capturing conversations with words. I wanted to let you know some sad news. I think you knew Martin Nkoyoyo. He died last night of leukemia. What a dear man he was--like an older brother to me. I've spent the day laughing and crying and remembering. So glad he is with our Jesus in joyousness today. Thought you might like to know. Praying your tests go well. Brea

Melanie said...

Genna and Matthew, Hope everything goes well tomorrow. Wish we could come and celebrate on Saturday. More importantly, I need to figure out how to be standing outside of the hospital door when you annouce BBQ. I am soooo excited! Love you!

Melanie said...

Is is over? Are ya'll alive? Tell us please! Can you come to our Christmas Party tomorrow night? It would be sooo much more fun with ya'll.

Genna said...

Mel, How we wish we could have been there! I've been watching the SNOW over St. Louis and joying in the thought of Lillian getting her wish to make snowmen. :)