August 3, 2007

waaaaaah

Noah has begun napping in his crib. This went swimmingly well yesterday and the day before, with Noah nodding off for every nap with less than a minute's worth of protest each time. This morning he is trying a different tactic: cry HARD, sound really MAD...Why today? Well, probably because Matthew is gone for the whole day working on the car in a friend's garage and Abby is home for the last weekday before the start of Kindergarten.

I guess I'll be less "productive" today than I thought. Sometimes I feel sorry for myself as much as I feel sorry for Noah. I have to remember how quickly these days go by and how much of an opportunity I have to love and care for this little one. When I look out at the next two years, I think: We're entering the long stretch of babyhood in which we all try to understand one another's needs (and try to meet them the best we can). It seems like a long time, but I know that it is gone in the blink of an eye, and then they are borrowing your clothes, asking questions you can't answer without help (if at all), and needing new levels of independence and freedom which require that you trust the foundations they have and that you trust God to do what you never could: guide and protect their steps. Sigh.

Life is such a mixed bag! Speaking of which, I've lost my keys--if anyone finds them, let me know. There are about 7 keys plus a blue and gold VW keychain. Tennessee and St. Louis folks, don't worry--they were lost before we came out there for a visit.

WAAAAAAAHHHHHH

p.s. Noah is now asleep in his crib. It took about 3 minutes in the rocking chair and he's out. Coffee time.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Hey sweetie, I love just hearing about your day, it makes me feel like your closer instead of hundreds of miles away. It's crazy but being realistic, chances are I won't meet Noah till he's at least one, and I feel like I just visited you and it was over a year ago. I mean look how much has happened in one year! I know the daily grind is overwhelming (or so I've been told, one day I'll know first hand, God willing, lol) but it's just cause he loves his mommy and wants her attention. I really think too that Noah has a lot to say to the world and he wants to start now! I mean he couldn't stay one more day in your belly, that's how excited he is! I love you and your family and I'm so thankful you are such a true and wonderful friend! Love, Christina