August 29, 2007

planning her party...

Abby will turn 6 years old this January (16th). Up until now, the rush of the holidays (plus Matthew's birthday falling on Dec. 21st) has left me bedraggled by the time it comes to a kiddo party. Abby has had celebrations, but nothing really well planned or anticipated. This year, she has asked for a "Ratatouille" party--a chef party with a Parisian-restaurant setting, inspired by the new Pixar film. Now, I'd LOVE to celebrate her birthday in Paris; heck, I'd let her rent real rats if it meant going to Paris, but we're going to attempt to transform our humble apartment in Davis into a chic Parisian and save a few thousand dollars.

So far we're set on letting her friends decorate their own cupcakes with real decorating gear. We're going to have chef hats, etc. I've been searching for an Eiffel tower lamp or something, but no dice so far. I know I have a few readers out there, so PLEASE write in with your brilliant ideas about cool ways to make the party tres tres chic and not just kitch. Merci beaucoup, mes amis!

1 comment:

Ian and Gilda said...

(gilda actually...) Crepes of all sorts!! and Cheese of all sorts!! How about some invitations like menus. I think we might have some shots of Paris (from trips we've taken). Some french music (like Rose Colored Glasses). Oh and I would consult Valerie (when she gets back from Oregon)... I bet she is full of Rat ideas.