January 28, 2008

Off the cuff answers...


Little Chef
Originally uploaded by gennabby.
A friend of mine asked her 5-year old some great questions recently, and I was inspired to do the same of my 6-year old. These are un-edited, honest answers from Abby:

What's your favorite thing to do?
A: Draw pictures.

What is your favorite place to go?
A: Um, toy shop.

What is your favorite ice cream?
A: Swirl. (This refers to a frozen yogurt made with live, active cultures, and no additives. Tastes like frozen Kefir, if you've had that. Very yogurtish compared to the "frozen yogurt" you might think of, which is more like soft serve ice cream with tons of corn syrup. Blech. Abby gets a belly ache from that stuff.)

Favorite thing at school?
A: To play in the blue stuff (tires and cut-up tires).

What do you want to be when you grow up?
A: Dolphin trainer.

What will you name your first kid?
A: Um, I don't know. Um, what is it, Bekatris? Beatrice. Beatrice, that's what I think.

Whom do you want to marry?
A: I don't know. (giggle) How should I know that? I don't know anybody yet.
G: what about Miles or Grayson?
A: They're not a grown up! Why can't I marry Noah?
G: Because he's you brother, and you're not allowed to marry your brother.
A: Allowed? Is that the law?
G: I think maybe it is the law.

Where will you live when you grow up?
A: I don't know.
G: Where do you WANT to live when you grow up?
A: St. Louis.

What is your favorite song?
A: Down by the bay.

What is your favorite thing to watch?
A: The Chipmunk Adventure.

What is your favorite food?
A: Cous cous.

What is your favorite treat?
A: (giggle) My favorite treat is to stay up late.

Who is your best friend?
A: Noah

What is your favorite drink?
A: Cold Water.

Favorite Book?
A: Dr. Seuss.

Favorite Game?
A; Sunken treasure adventure.
G: What is that?
A: It's a game where there is an octopus on a board, and whoever gets the most words, wins.

What is your favorite word?
A: More.

What 's your favorite animal?
A; dolphins. Why are you asking me so much?
G: Because I think you're interesting.
A: I want to do more.

How would you describe daddy?
A: Um, he likes to have naps. His name starts with an M. He's my dad. He is a doctor, that doctor thing where you're a teach-doctor. He doesn't smile very much, he doesn't laugh when I show him something funny, he just smiles. He loves me. And I love him. My favorite thing to do with daddy is go shopping with him. He lets me pick something out and he lets me choose whatever I want.
G: Does he let you eat when you're at the store?
A: YES!
G: Do you think daddy is handsome?
A: Yes.
G: Does he look like any cartoon character?
A: Dave from Alvin and the Chipmunks. Doesn't he?

Note from G: For the record, Matthew does smile, though not as much as I do, and not as much as Noah does, perhaps. Abby is a VERY sensitive face-reader. She notices even the tiniest glimmer of emotion in a face. She often asks me: "Momma, are you tired? Because when you smile, your eyes go down." Or she will notice the curve of your lip, the movement of an eyebrow...She will probably work for the CIA one day, reading faces.

How would you describe mommy?
A: Um, I like how you let me choose what movie I want. She has green eyes. Uh, I like her. She listens to me very well.
G: What's your favorite thing to do with me?
A: Not go to school. Play.
G: Does mommy look like any cartoon character?
A: Ratatouille Girl. (Colette)

How would you describe Noah?
A: He's little. He's my brother. He likes to chew on my stuff and he smiles at me. He doesn't like going to bed. His name is Noah, and he's my brother.
G: Does Noah look like any cartoon character?
A: yoda. No, Simba when he is little. Maybe piglet.

Are you happy?
A: yes.
G: What makes you happy? What do you like about your life?
A: 'Cause I don't have to do that much homework like you, and it's easy. I'm happy because I have a little brother. And I'm happy that he "Oh's" at me. And I'm happy that he says "G" and "mama."

What do you wish for?
A; That um, I could do anything I want, whenever I want. And I want every movie in the world.

What's your favorite kind of flower?
A: Tulip.

1 comment:

Bronwyn said...

what is your favorite word?
more!

What a classic answer :-) This is a great interview. If you can remember, maybe do one with noah in 5 1/2 years
??