February 4, 2008

pantomime


pantomime
Originally uploaded by gennabby.
Always something new... I love Abby's flair; the headband-turned-mask is my favorite touch. I'm struck by what an individual Abby is; not just because she has her own ideas about things, but because of how she makes her mark on her world in ways I don't even know about (until later, if I ever do find out). I notice this in everyday ways, such as when a woman in a magazine ad is transformed (via sharpie) into a pirate--complete with blacked out teeth and Johnny Depp-style dreds; or when I climb in to bed to discover several books tucked in to the covers and under my pillow; or when I clean up a pile of papers and find she has written: "I love mommy and daddy" or (another recent find) "I have a wiggly tooth. Good luck!". Abby is so present, and I love that I experience her even when she's not in the room. It can be annoying when she makes a mess, but I think it is actually a tangible reminder of how blessed we are to have her in our lives.

No comments: