September 19, 2008

my magical broom


enchanted_l
Originally uploaded by gennabby.
Well, you know it's bad when a visiting friend, after walking on your floor, puts her shoes back on, pauses thoughtfully, then runs home to fetch her own broom with the intention of doing you a big favor.

Well, all I have to say is THANK YOU, Bronwyn! I'm in love with the "swivel sweeper" (apparently an "as seen on TV" product). This battery operated gem does what its name suggests: brushes swivel and magically sweep the bits from the floor into a little cage. No more sweep, sweep, sweeping (aka moving dirt) and bending to sweep sweep into the dustpan. This thing picks up cheerios, edamame, corn, paper, and (as Abby discovered) shoe laces. It is LIGHT as a feather, skates across the floor as if it were on ice, and reaches all the way under couches and chairs.

So I told my friend Melanie about this thing, and she now has one too. (Mine is being delivered by Bronwyn, who went to the store with her 20% off coupon to get it for me today! I think I'm spoiled!!) If I were Oprah, this would be one of this year's "favorite things," but since we make in a year about what she makes in an hour, we can't afford to send one to everyone for Christmas. We would if we could, though--especially for the moms out there and those who find the vacuum too heavy to push.

So if you happen by my window and hear me singing the "happy little working song," look for my swivel sweeper; it's sure to be in hand.

Now if only I could buy the toilet cleaning rats...

enchanted_l
Originally uploaded by gennabby.

2 comments:

Janovich Fam said...

any chance this swivel sweep works on carpet?

Genna said...

It works on our area rug that's really thin, but I don't think it would work on thicker wall-to-wall carpet, because it has no suction. :-(