November 14, 2008

we're doing much better

kids and I are all healed. Matty got an ear infection, but antibiotics are helping him fight that. We think he will back to 100% soon.

So, I'm better enough to answer some questions after being "tagged" by Emily in Knoxville on her blog...

7 Things I Plan To Do Before I Die. .

this is a hard question. I mean, I've been so busy planning what's for dinner, I hardly know what to write.
1. love love love my family
2. travel out of the US
3. discover new hobbies (and get better at my current ones)
4. have grandkids!
5. maybe adopt a kid. (definitely adopt a cat, and a dog too--if Noah begs)
6. build or renovate or just decorate a very cool home!
7.grow old with Matty

7 Things I Do Now. . .
1. love love love my family
2. cook
3. clean (even if it doesn't seem like it!)
4. play with the kids
5. talk on the phone
6. talk with matty
7. teach and grade

7 Things I Can’t Do. . .
1. find time to sew
2. keep my floor clean
3. run a half-marathon
4. consistently wake up early enough in the morning to have personal time
5. always make it "all better"
6. run regressions
7. finish my dissertation tomorrow

7 Things That Attract Me To The Opposite Sex. . .
these are not all necessarily aspects of maleness, but when they are traits a man has, they are especially attractive. I should know, I am married to Matthew, after all.

1. faithfulness
2. patience
3. a sense of humor
4. tenderness toward children
5. calm in the midst of a storm (of any kind)
6. perspective! (in the midst of those storms)
7. humility and willingness to talk and listen

oh, and it doesn't hurt to be super handsome! :)


7 Things That I Say Most Often. . .
1. I love you
2. Oh, Bean!
3. Dude, why did you do that?
4. I'm tired (or, I need a nap)
5. I need a hug.
6. see a bus?
7. want some coffee?

7 Celebrities That I Most Admire. . .
I don't know. I defer to Matthew's pop culture knowledge--I just don't follow these things closely enough to know how to answer this question.

7 Favorite Foods. . .
these are not in order.
1. does coffee count? I love lattes and a properly brewed cup of coffee.
2. fruit: cherries, strawberries, nectarines
3 . beignets
4. tart frozen yogurt
5. delicious salad
6. BBQ
7. meatloaf! I just made an awesome meatloaf (from an America's Test Kitchen recipe). It's DELICIOUS.

close runners-up: salmon, ted drewes frozen custard, indian food, thai food, french food, pretty much anything Matthew makes!!, Melanie's crawfish pie.

Bloggers Who Need To Do This. . .
Melanie
Bronwyn
Lisa

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Genna,

I love America's Test Kitchen. I just got the companion cookbook for this season. It has some great stuff! We had deep dish pizza last night - kids loved it.

Drew Miller said...

I too am a Christopher Kimball fan. almost psycho level.
thanks for playing along.
Em