April 1, 2009

news!

We have job news, at last! Matthew has taken a wonderful job with a firm in Princeton, NJ. The firm is run by its founders, two renowned Princeton economics professors. The work will be exciting and we are all looking forward to a big move to an entirely new place! Abby is most excited about living an hour from NYC; we plan to take her to see the statue of Liberty before the summer is over. She comments often on the height of telephone poles and buildings, saying--the buildings in New York are WAY higher than that, right? I cannot wait to see her face when she sees just how tall they are! If we can convince her to do it, I think a trip to the top of the empire state building might be in order.

As for me, I am SO proud of Matthew! I think this will be great for him. I'm also very thankful that God has carried us through months of waiting and stress.

My plan when we get to NJ is to stay at home and to help make the transition a smooth one. I also hope to have some time to soul search and decide on my own academic direction. As it stands, I can finish my work from wherever we go--I'm done with everything but the dissertation, and I'm pretty sure Princeton's library will have the books I need to finish the job!

Maybe Matthew will make a guest blog appearance and fill you in more, but here's the bottom line:
*we have a great job in a super cool city!!!!!!
*Matthew graduates (and walks in the ceremony) on June 11th here in Davis. Anyone wanting to be here for that is welcome to come! We will have a Memphis style BBQ to celebrate this huge accomplishment. Our apartment will be filled to capacity, so make lodging arrangements :)
*We will move on or before June 30th with stops through St. Louis, Memphis, Nashville, Knoxville, DC, and finally "home" to Princeton--that feels so strange to say!

SO cheer with me for Matty P. for landing an incredible job in the worst economy! He is my rock star! Hip hip HOORAY!!!!!!!! Hip hip HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, go MATTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

I am clearly very pumped about this and that there is a St. Louis stop in the move. I so wish we could come for graduation. Maybe we can do some BBQ when you come to the Lou and have our official celebration. Also, please put me on the guest list for the new place. I can't wait to come visit. I guess we need to hurry up and quilt.

peter said...

Dude, you are a STUD!! I think the new hairstyle is working!

Kate Kootstra said...

Hip hip hooray for sure!!! So so so very happy for your wonderful family!!! Our hearts are bursting with joy for you!!!

notes of em said...

super, super congrats! what a journey for you all, and what a great place to land. I know that Mathew will be wonderfully successful in his "new" carrier. And welcome back to the east coast, we've missed you all. And we are so excited that Knoxville is "on the way" NJ!