April 19, 2009

Picnic Day!


picnic day helicopter exhibit
Originally uploaded by gennabby.
Guest post by Matthew:

Today we took the kids to Picnic Day while G's mom was in town visiting. While the girls were watching the wiener dog races, Noah and I went to the exhibit at the campus fire department, which included a medivac helicopter on the lawn. The little guy was in hog heaven. He got to sit in the driver's seat of a bunch of fire trucks, from a vintage 1929 ladder truck to a modern rescue truck. But the highlight, of course, was the chopper. He got to sit in the cockpit and see it up close, and he was happy to let me snap a few photos of him next to it. In this picture he's crouching down because he copies me when I crouch down to take his picture. He had a blast watching it take off a few minutes after this was taken. We sat on the curb just a few feet away as it took off, and as the prop wash blew his hair back, I think his ears were touching behind his head, but he had on the biggest grin I've ever seen (which may have been the wind too, but he sure seemed excited). It was a fun day, but we're exhausted, and I leave at 6am to go look for a place to live in Princeton. Wish me luck!

No comments: