July 17, 2009

the fountain of freedom


the fountain of freedom
Originally uploaded by gennabby.
That's the name of this fun fountain (which doubles as a favorite splashing spot for the kiddos) in Princeton. Abby and Noah LOVED it today. This picture is not mine--I found it on line, but I still can't find my camera cord, so no pics of or by the Pearsons for now.

We're trying to get to know the city, and the kids are enjoying the adventure. I'm battling feelings of loneliness and my own reluctance to be a go-getter with new people. I'm not an extrovert and with no home base to go home to after being out, I find it especially taxing to chat and smile and make the effort to engage others.

I've cried a lot this week. I'm sad and overwhelmed. M and I are talking it out and trying to encourage each other. He is being my cheerleader at the moment. I am so thankful to have him here.

2 comments:

Bronwyn said...

hang in there, dearest friend! you know that God is faithful to answer heartfelt prayers for community and friends...

love you. love you. love you.

MIA said...

It is exhausting to "establish" and when it comes on the heels of packing,moving and a month long "Family Vacation" (thinking Chevy Chase here) it is enough to test anyone....Matthew has the transition from student to career and maybe my sweet girl all you should have on your plate right now is..the "hokey pokey"...what I mean is...you put your right foot in and you put your right foot out...nothing more elaborate....

The new relationships will happen naturally. You never thought you could love anyone like Melanie and the St Louis loss was great and then Bronwyn comes into your life (and you did not lose Melanie). It won't happen overnight and you don't have to go looking for it....I promise it will unfold or GASP tell everyone you are lonesome and the whole darn family will visit (careful what you wish for).

I love you. mama