January 29, 2010

sunshine, don't go!


DSC_0165
Originally uploaded by gennabby.
One day this week (I can't remember which one, because they all run together), it rained all day long. There was no sunshine. Then, while I was making dinner, the room glowed for a moment with radiant light. I ran outside with my camera to take a picture of the setting sun. I took another one of the trees--illuminated from beneath and shining since their branches were soaked all over. And I thought to myself: No matter how grey and rainy and miserable the day might seem to me, the sun is always shining. I needed the perspective, and the peeking sun's reminder to me that my perspective can limit my understanding so much. I don't like barriers to understanding--clouds can be a menace. But they can also be a kind shelter and a welcome buffer from what can do damage in too great an intensity.

On with taking the vitamin D supplements and racing the cat for the fleeting sunny spot on the couch. Spring, hurry it on up, please.

No comments: