July 23, 2006

sizzlin' hot

112 F, and rising? Is this for real? Well, yes--Davis is roasting hot right now and we are hiding out in our apartment. Thank goodness our landlords FINALLY replaced our AC unit (one window unit for the whole place and it didn't work for 2 years!). M. is in southern California for the week, and Abbs and I are trying to keep ourselves entertained in doors. Now, I know that we have family members who live in parts of the world that reach 120 F, but 112 feels like a real limit to me! I feel tired just walking to get the mail. I'm wondering how the rest of you (fam and friends reading this) are faring at this point in the summer. Write in with your best wild weather stories. Can anyone beat 112 degrees?

1 comment:

Bronwyn said...

How about 112 degrees on the second and third floor ;-) ??