July 3, 2006

things that go BUZZZZ in the night

Since returning home from our road trip, Matthew and I have been on a strange schedule. We've ended up staying up to watch the discovery channel until 1 a.m. a couple of nights in a row now, as we've been sucked in to the worlds of killer jellyfish, squid and bees. Little did I know that my hubby has long had a fear of africanized killer bees! We watched part of a program on the tenacious and rather scary buggers then went to bed. Several hours later I awoke to M swatting all around and brushing his arms off. I asked him what in the world he was doing and he said something about bees coming in the window. There were no bees, but that didn't stop the flailing. Once I got him to wake up, things were fine and we fell back to sleep, but I think he had a few more nightmares about bees, judging from the twitchy, wiggly sleep he got.

I've had my fair share of bad bug dreams. I think I've had about 7 or 8 spider nightmares in the last six years. I once dragged M out of bed by his leg in order to rescue him from the monster spider on the bed! I've screamed out, jumped out, swatted, and even yelled out and explative (with guests in our house at the time, no less)! Now I know I'm not the only one who has bug nightmares from time to time. Ususally Matthew laughs in his sleep, or talks, but this was really entertaining.

No comments: