September 20, 2007

Hanging on by a thread...


Abby's quilt (in progress)
Originally uploaded by gennabby.
This is the top of Abby's quilt, which has been my latest sewing project. I still need to back it, quilt it, and bind it. The pillow, however, is done. Abbs seems to like it, and I am excited to see it come to fruition after staring at piles of tiny scraps on my sewing desk (in the corner of the livingroom) and wishing I could put more than a 10 minute dent in it at a time. One thing I have discovered: The G needs a room of her own. I dream of a room with wall to wall craft stations...sewing, scrabooking, painting. I want to try my hand at pottery, but that can't be done around the fabric! I can hear my future-self now: Noah, step away from the fabric. You have the right to remain muddy, but not in my craft room! I want to try sewing something with a pattern (like a skirt or apron) next. We will see if I find time for that.

I am taking a cake decorating class. I'll share pics of my cullinary handiwork soon--good, bad or ugly.

1 comment:

Bronwyn said...

the quilt looks AWESOME!!!