June 15, 2009

Dr. Matthew


Dr. Matty and me
Originally uploaded by gennabby.
It's official! Matthew graduated with his PhD on June 11th! Hearing his name called and seeing the degree of PhD conferred upon him was a life highlight for me, and I think for his Meemo too! hen we walked out of the pavilion to meet him, Matthew was standing at the top of a deep well of stairs. He looked like he was 100 feet tall, with his long blue gown, but the best part was his GIGANTIC grin and his white shades. I've never seen anyone look cooler. It was an awesome day!

We had a great BBQ party afterward with friends and family. This party would NOT have been possible without the efforts of Meemo, Bronwyn &Jeremy, and Kate& Mark. THANK YOU for your help!! I don't think I've seen Matthew as relaxed as he was after the ceremony, and he deserves to take a break! Boy this has been a busy season. More updates to come, but for now, three (thousand) cheers for Dr. Matthew Pearson! Hip hip Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!......

No comments: