June 15, 2009

off we go


flying to san diego
Originally uploaded by gennabby.
This is where our stories take a bit of a split path. The kiddos and I are in San Diego at my mom's house, while Matthew finishes up the dirty, heavy, yucky work of packing a moving truck and cleaning the apartment before driving cross country.

The kids and I arrived safely in SoCal and we've been playing with cousin Alec (and his fun toys) since. We have plans to go to Disneyland on Thursday, visit Mimi and Mia, hold puppies, clobber Aunt Andi, and go to the beach.

Matthew, on the other hand, has a far less vacation-like plan: yesterday he loaded the truck with help from Sean, Alison, Bron, Jeremy, Matt C., and Stan G. (there may have been others too?). Bron and Jeremy provided a delicious meal, a bed, and ibuprofen. Today Matthew is cleaning and planning to hit the road with my dad. I'll let y'all know of his progress as I get reports.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't know me, but I'm Drew Miller's mother. I hope you don't mind that I occasionally read your blog. I want to congratulate Mat and all of you on his great accomplishment! You all seem so happy and I'm very happy for you!
Wendy Miller

Bronwyn said...

I'm become a remote reader! Arguably the most devoted one out there....

notes of em said...

yay for Matty!!!!!
when are you going to come through TN?
or have the plans changed since your dad is driving too?