November 2, 2009

freaking out


DSC_0314
Originally uploaded by gennabby.
This was going to be a cute family pic, taken by Matthew's Aunt Maria while she visited us last weekend. Problem: one HUGE SPIDER in this tree (my head is itching just thinking about it). I just about knocked poor Abby out of the tree as I tried to position myself to jump down without breaking an ankle or my teeth or something. It was not my finest moment as a mother, and Abby was mad at me but we've patched things up and I am NOT climbing in any trees without a thorough investigation for arachnids.

Shudder.

Oh yes, notice Matthew's face? Yeah. That's him LAUGHING as I nearly die of a heart attack.

2 comments:

notes of em said...

thats so funny only because I would have done the exact same thing as you.
so glad you patched things up with her.

Bronwyn said...

Oh a surfeit of blogging feast for my hungry heart! Lovely, lovely. LOVE your new home. Love the pic of you four. Love the expression on N's face with the cool bus uh oh. Love the expression on A's face as she plays in the gardens. Love the expression on M's face as he watches you face your great arachnid foe. Just love you in general. (feel free to add a bron-laughing-soundtrack as you read this) :-)