November 14, 2009

packing and laughing

We are packing our stuff up to move again. This time will be easier since we never fully unpacked from Davis. But we move on the 21st! That's about all here, but I thought I would share some of the things the kids have said lately:

Abby is not a fan of Halloween. She is so scared of the costume masks and makeup and she didn't want to go to school on Halloween Friday. I tried to coax her. It didn't work. She went to school only because we came up with a sweet princess outfit for her--a fancy skirt I had nearly finished for her in Davis, and a really lovely crown from Michaels (which was slightly damaged so i got it for 4 bucks! and fixed it in about 30 seconds). Anyway, here was a little of our conversation:
G: Abby, you really might want to go to school; you are having a class party!
A: I would rather stay home and feel cozy and hang out with you than be terrified AND have a belly ache from the sugar.


Noah has been saying all kinds of funny stuff...
*When his hand wouldn't go through his sleeve: "What's up with that?"
*When he saw daddy sitting on the floor, he ran up to him and said: "Daddy. Best. Friend." (I thought Matthew was going to cry). Matty replied: "That is the sweetest thing I've ever heard!"
Tonight he busted this out: "Get me a beer."
While eating a cupcake: "Best cupcake ever seen!"

Oh, and Matthew made me laugh while we were browsing in a bookstore and passed the Shakespeare section. I commented that I actually like Troilus and Cressida, and he said: "Oh, is that a new release?"
And when I commented to Noah (after he ate a treat with blue frosting), "Noah, you have the bluest mouth!" Matthew followed with: "Didn't Tony Morrison write about that?"
Alright, so those last two were literary and made me crack up, but if you don't get why they are funny, no worries. They were just little ways of Matty reminding me that he cares about stuff I like. Sort of like when I use econ-speak to communicate with him.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

So, you will have about 36 hours in your house before I arrive. Let's just have smores for thanksgiving and/or cereal.

Melanie said...

Got my dates wrong you have a whole 72 hours. We can go gourmet. :)