August 22, 2005

Update on "The Lion, The Witch, and the Roardrobe"

Abby did end up sleeping in our bed the other night, as I suspected she might. Her fears about the White Wirtch have been calmed, but now she's seriously getting in to the role play...

Last night as Matthew slaved away making Coq au Vin (it was unbelievably good!), I read two more chapters. In between chapters, I took a short break to check in on Matthew and when I came back, Abby was holding her book and talking to her stuffed animal, Curious George.
A: OK, now we're going to read our next chapter...

Then she saw me and grinned. We read about Peter's first battle, and his (rather explicit) triumph over the wolf, using his sword. I looked up from the pages to find Abby sawing poor Curious George with the wing of a paper airplane Matthew had made earlier in the day. That's freaky behavior for Abby, for any of you that might not know her well. Apparently George forgave her; he was the requested animal companion for the night.

No comments: