September 6, 2005

Go Matty!!!!

Matthew was informed about 15 minutes ago (by email) that he has PASSED his 4th and final preliminary exam! In fact, he didn't just get a pass, he got a GOOD, which is no small feat. This test was the hardest he's taken yet. He spent a year taking Behavioral Economics classes at Berkeley in order to prepare for this, and the Berkeley professors wrote and gave the exam. Matthew took the exam surrounded by Berkeley students.

So now what? I asked him this question a moment ago...

M: Well, I guess I'll get my PhD.

While Forest Gump-like in the understated truth of it, Matthew is now cleared to do his research and dissertation writing. We're guessing this process will take 2 more years. Anyway, if you are inclined to do it, email or call Matthew with congratulations. This is a massive hurdle accomplished! pearson at ucdavis dot edu (I typed out the symbols so that "spambots" don't get his address. I'm inclined to believe Matthew that these things exist, but then, he also told me that jackalopes were real too.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the record, I did not tell you that they were real; you saw one on a postcard when you were living in New Mexico and assumed that they were real. I just let you believe it for a while.

Melanie said...

Way to go, Matthew! All the studying worked.