January 26, 2006

Funny and Rain

Abby came home with two lovely goldfish last night-- her first pets! She named them Funny and Rain. She has decided that Funny (all orange) is a boy, and Rain (white with orange dots, including "lipstick" markings) is a girl. I'd include a picture, but I've exceeded my uploading limit for the month on Flickr. Abby wanted to bring a drawing of her fish to school today, so I drew a picture. It did not meet her approval:

A: Mom, those look like mad fish.
G: Look, they have smiles.
A: But they look like angry smiles. That fish is angry following the other one.

Seriously, I don't know what she was talking about. They seemed like happy looking fish, poorly drawn, yes, but happy. Matthew gave it a try and was successful. He is a fine artist-- even with discriminating, picky, (dare I say it) fickle judges.

No comments: