January 27, 2006

Questions for the doc.

This morning as Abby got ready for school, she and I talked about how her daddy was going to his check-up at the doctor. She always wonders about getting shots, but I explained that daddy wouldn't be getting a shot; he would be having a little blood drawn for routine tests. The following conversation ensued:

A: Will they put the blood back?
G: No, daddy's body will make more.
A: How?
G: I don't know exactly how. I bet Dr. O would know. (Dr. O is her pediatric doc.)
A: When I get my four year old check-up, I'm gonna ask Dr. O how you make more blood. And how do my bones grow?
G: Those are great questions.

I walked down the hall and about 10 seconds later Abby calls out to me:

A: Momma, I'm gonna forget my questions. Will you tell me them when we get to Dr. O's? Tell me in the elevator when we're going up. DON'T tell me when we're already in the door.

I think Abby wants to make sure SHE asks the questions and that Dr. O KNOWS they are not her momma's questions.

No comments: