August 10, 2006

Floor d'oeuvre

At about 6 p.m. last night, Abby came up to me and breathed a big huff of breath in my face...
A: What does my "breff" smell like, momma? (said with a big grin)
G: Um, garlic?
A: Nope. Chicken Nugget.
G: Oh. Did you have chicken nuggets for lunch?
A: Nope.
G: Did you have them at Abbey O's? (Abby had a play date)
A: no. I ate the chicken nugget after 4 o'clock.
G: Where did you get this nugget?
A: Off of the floor.

OH NO! I looked over to the dining room and sure enough, the nugget she had dropped the night before was GONE. After laughing for a few seconds, I had visions of a vomiting kid and tests for mysterious bacteria. I can write this now (18 hours later) with a sigh of relief--the nugget hasn't made even the slightest difference in her very good health. I don't know what in the world is in the nuggets (and I now wonder if the ingredients even include chicken), but I'm glad that she is fine and that I'll be more motivated to sweep in the future.

1 comment:

Bronwyn said...

I'm willing to bet that little nugget has probably done her immune system the world of good ;-)

I often wonder how I would have turned out if I hadn't eaten half the garden soil as a kid....