August 23, 2006

girl meets road

I was riding my daily-rider bike (not my road bike) on campus yesterday. A left turn over a slick man-hole cover took my bike from its upright position and laid it, and me, out on the street. My first crash. So I've got scrapes and bruises on my left knee and ankle and a couple of deeper cuts and a small puncture wound on my right ankle. Thankfully the x-rays were clear: nothinkg looks broken. To top it all off I got a Tetanus (Tdap) shot. I'm limping along and will soon be better, but I may have a little souvenier from Davis...there is a thin black line of bike grease still under the deeper parts of the cuts on my right ankle. I couldn't take any more scrubbing out by the doc; I decided to take the impromptu tattoo instead. Matty is so proud.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Glad to hear nothing was broken.