August 8, 2006

Her first Dentist visit

I WISH I had brought my digital camera to capture this one, but who brings a camera to the dentist's office? Anyway, Abby had her first dental check-up at Dr. Mandelaris' office. The office is amazing in every way--the staff can make even the sheepish kiddo feel at home. They have a dedicated playroom (Abby played Pac Man for the first time!), and they have flat screen TVs secured to the ceiling above each dental chair with headphones for the kids AND sunglasses so that the dentist's light isn't too bright. The decor is great--model planes hanging from the ceiling and an open floor plan. Abby laughed, giggled, and zoned out to "Madagascar" during her teeth cleaning. When she got up from the chair, she said: "That was FUN!" This dentist is doing it right!! I was somewhat reminded of the vision for a "fun" children's hospital in the film "Patch Adams."

Abby didn't catch this, but I sure did...the doc is willing to BET that she will need braces. She did not get my chompers after all; she has daddy's jaw, but then again he hasn't ever had a cavity, so the trade off may be worth it? I guess that's partly why we keep studying and working each day: to afford braces one day.

No comments: