August 14, 2006

parties in appropriate places

I've spent a couple of days deciding whether to blog this or not, but the hilarity has won out...

Abby was drawing on her doodle board and explaining her creation to Matthew:
A: I'm drawing a fairy!
M: Oh, that's a good fairy, Abby.
A: It's a fairy. She's in momma's undies! (Peals of Laughter from Abby) Here's a cake too...there's a party in momma's undies!

OK, I walked down the hall to hear this last comment and, wide eyed, walked over to see what in the world my kid was talking about. Matthew and I stifled back our laughter and tried to redirect the festivities. In cat-in-the-hat fashion, we moved the fairy party and cake to our shoes, hats, pockets and suchlike. Anywhere but in anyone's undies. This technique worked, and I think she's starting to get the point about good places for parties.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

OH my goodness. I don't know what else to say.

Tell Abby "hello, and keep up the good work."

Peter