June 14, 2007

2 months and growing

Noah had his 2 month check-up yesterday. All is well. He now weighs 10 lb. 8.5 oz., which puts him in the 15th percentile, but when age corrected (i.e. pretend he is only one month old, like he "should" be), he is at the 50th percentile! He is 22 inches long now (up from 17 3/4 inches at birth). Noah has been doing some major growing!

He did get four shots (two nurses with two shots each). He has been uncomfortable since. He has a low grade fever, keeps throwing up his medicine, has very little appetite, and is just a pitiful sight with his sad eyes. He seems to be asking: "Momma, daddy, why do I feel so yuckie? Can't you make it all better?" So sad.

M and I are pretty tired. Conan (late night TV talk show host) was making less sense to me than usual last night in my delirium. I felt like my eyes were crossing or not focusing properly this morning as I made coffee. I'd make a terrible truck driver--I need lots of sleep, and I get loopy when I go long stretches with interrupted sleeps. Matthew too--just two nights ago he walked into the kids' room and ran into the crib in his sleep! (That used to be our room, so it makes sense that he was heading that way). He also talks in his sleep and swats his arms around if he is super tired...maybe this is where Noah gets his tendency to wake himself up by bapping himself in the face with his arms!

All in all, we're fine. In a day or two, Noah will be feeling much better.

No comments: