June 17, 2007

sew much fun!


sew much fun!
Originally uploaded by gennabby.
My friends Pam and Charlie gave me a sewing machine for Christmas, and Pam is giving me sewing lessons!! I'm sure the seamstresses out there think that sewing a straight stitch is not daunting, but I have always wanted to sew and have always been afraid that it was too hard for me to learn. Well, I made a tiny quilt for Abby's groovy girl dolls yesterday! Abby is a big helper (she is practicing ripping hems in this pic). She likes to put her foot on the pedal and make the machine whir. If her driving speed is anything like her sewing speed, we will make her wear a helmet and visit the track. Pam and I are going to finish a baby quilt for Noah, and I am putting the finishing touches on a couple of sun dresses that we made yesterday. This is so much FUN! I hope that I'll improve with practice.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Genna, Lillian and I had our first sewing lessons with Arlene last Tuesday. I think straight stiches are daunting. I have been dreaming about sewing and hope I improve with practice. Post some pictures of the quilt and sundresses are inspiration. P.S. Happy Anniversary. I rembember the first one!