April 30, 2008

Margaritas and Mother's Day

Before bed tonight, Abby, Matty and I were all sitting in the livingroom, talking together. Then Abby busts this out:

A: Momma, there are not gonna be margaritas at the Mother's Day Tea. There's just gonna be water, and lemonade, and other stuff that kids and grown-ups can drink.
G:Who said there wouldn't be margaritas?
A: Mrs. P.
G: Why did she say that?
A: Because I said: "Mrs. P, are there gonna be margaritas? Because my mom loves margaritas!"

Matthew and I are laughing are heads off at this point.

G: Did Mrs. P laugh?
A: No, she just said we would have water, and tea, and iced tea and things that kids and grown-ups could drink.

Then Matty chimes in: "G, the lush."

Apparently, Abby asked this in front of the whole class. Maybe we will be the subject of the next PTA meeting...dun dun dun..."Parents who drink!" I wonder what her teacher thinks of me, but mostly I just think my kid is the awesomest. She makes me want to squeeze her tightly and kiss, kiss, kiss her face. What a riot!

1 comment:

notes of em said...

ummmm.... its the same over here. sp knows that i prefer pinot noir over merlot. Scary for a three year old. lol with you all.