April 26, 2008

picnic day fun


meow
Originally uploaded by gennabby.
We had fun at picnic day this year. Abby talked me in to having my face painted like hers at the orphaned kitten exhibit. We didn't leave with a cat. Noah is plenty of work--we don't need any more creatures in the house! Abby rode her bike all over campus. She giggled and scampered, slid down a big hill of manmade snow (with daddy), and talked to her brother about animals.

On another note, between now and mid-June, I'll be studying hard and preparing to take my Qualifying exams (written and oral "defense" of my dissertation prospectus). Matthew will be finishing a draft of his job-talk paper (the last of his dissertation). Because of this, I think my blogging energy will be very low. I'll do my best to check in again soon, but don't expect too much! Abby finishes Kindergarden on June 5th, after which she will be home until first grade starts up! We're excited about our new Nanny, Kate; she takes care of Noah 3 hours per day, 3-4 days a week. This seemed the best way to get study hours in without putting little Bean in daycare. He's not ready yet. He is still such a little guy and takes great naps at home and such. We love Kate! She is as sweet as can be and super-qualified! She graduates with her BA in Human Development this June, followed by her MA in early childhood ed. She is getting married in July and will be Noah's nanny through June. Noah seems pleased as punch to have a new (energetic and loving) friend!

That's it for now. I'll check back in later.

1 comment:

wfpearson said...

Another blogger, I can't find his post, said a few weeks ago: "The opposite of blogging is good time management." I agree.