December 31, 2006

home again

We are back in Davis, safe and sound. Settling back in to our apartment has been fun; we've moved Abby and BBQ's things to our big room and Matty and I are cozy in Abby's old room. I'm sipping on decaf coffee and feeling like I'm going to fall asleep, Abby is watching a show on her new portable DVD player (great for long car or plane trips--thanks Mia!), and M is putting a turkey in the oven. It feels great to be home. No big New Year plans tonight.

I'll be posting pics of the new rooms soon, but for now here are some funnies from the past couple of weeks:

A: Momma, why did daddy have to go to Broccoli?
G: What do you mean?
A: Remember when daddy went to Broccoli?
G; I don't understand your question; broccoli is a vegetable.
A: No, he had to take the train and I was sad when he had to go.
G: Oh, BERKELEY?
A: Yeah, broccoli.


(Another city naming funny)
On our way to San Diego we were naming off cities to Abby in anticipation of arriving at our destination. Note: the city before Vista is "Oceanside."
A: Where are we now? Are we to Lotion-side yet?

(Now a sibling-naming funny from last night)
A: Why do we call the baby barbeque?
G: It's a nickname.
A: But why barbeque? I think we should call the baby "Ranch."
(Peals of laughter from M and I)...

No comments: