October 20, 2007

It's a Small World


Pirates
Originally uploaded by gennabby.
After a whirlwind tour of Southern California, Abby, Noah and I are back in Davis. We flew to San Diego last Thursday. Friday was a hang-out day at my mom's. Abby and Alec played cousin Wii challenge 2007 (I think it was a tie). Noah spent as much time as possible hanging out with his Mia. He came up with a new sound just for her: the screech owl. It is a *special* sound. He also discovered blueberry applesauce. Thumbs up.

Saturday we met up with the fam (G's Aunt Pat, cousins, their kiddos, and G's grandmother, Mimi, of course) and we were finally able to introduce little Noah! The kiddos played and it was fun to see how big all the big kids are getting!!

Sunday, Monday, Tuesday: we made our way to Aneheim, went to the Rainforest Cafe, and then did TWO days at Disneyland! Highlights included Pooh's honey adventure (this, according to Abby and Alec), Splash Mountain (Abby's FAVORITE!!), and the tea cups (which my sister kindly went on a couple of times; I can't handle the spinny rides!).

The most EXPENSIVE ride? Certainly the Nemo submarine ride. While in line, my mom broke a tooth on a mickey-shaped lollipop. After the ride, as I steped off the sub (with Noah in my arms), my cell phone decided it had had enough of me: it took the big dive and is sleeping with the mechanical fishes in the depths of the Nemo ride. We're hoping it will be retrieved by the divers and sent back to us, but the chances of it drying our and working are practically nil. If you want to talk to me, you'll need to use email--I'll send you an interim phone number; or you can call M's cell.

Lunch at Blue Bayou and two trips to Cafe Orleans for beneigts (how do you spell that?) and coffee, cotton candy (as sticky and strangely good and gross as ever), you know the deal. The kids partied like they had their grandmother with them, that's for sure. You know how when you were out with your parents (when you were little), and you begged for the glowing bracelets, the toys, the mickey ears, the treats...you thought you'd just die if you didn't get them, but your young parents blew the budget just to get you in to the park (which you didn't understand)? Well, all of that changes when you go with a grandparent. Suddenly your sweet eyes and batting lashes WORK! Abby and Alec were spoiled rotten. Click on the photo to see more pics from the trip.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you all had a blast! FUN, FUN, FUN.

Melanie said...

That sounds really fun! I like Abbs in the Keens. Very cute. I home you got a little extra sleep, too.