October 1, 2007

me and my first "real" cake


me and my first "real" cake
Originally uploaded by gennabby.
I'm 30 now.

I woke up on my b-day morning with Abby snuggled on one side and Noah burrowed in between Matty and I on my other side. The queen size bed is really too small for us now. Noah did his morning stretch and toot routine and I said to him : "Oh, is that my present! Thank you!" Abby (half asleep) cried out: "I was supposed to give you your present--I was supposed to give you the earrings as a surprise!" Te cat out of the bag, the rest of the morning was spent trying to console poor Abby, who was convinced she had ruined the day by accident. All worked out though; she and Matty stopped by a cute store in town on the way home from school and got me some gorgeous bird and nest stamps, and some Eiffel tower/Paris stamps. Abby also made some lovely drawings for me!

Before having a wnderful Thai (take out) dinner, I decorated this cute little cake, which is here displayed on an adorable robin's egg blue cake stand--my gift from Nonee (Gwenn), my mom's momma. You can see another pic of the top of the cake on my flickr reel (just click on this picture). I was showered with love and affection from my family and friends--cards, emails, calls, well wishes from across seas...how good it is to be loved so much!

The morning after my birthday, Abby snuggled me on the couch and said: "You're just the same; you still just look like a momma." Well, thank goodness I do! I am so glad to be G and 30.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday. We would have come by and wished you a beautiful 30th, but alas we were in Stockton seeing Ian's mom who is at the hospital.

We hope your birthday joy lasts all week!