January 18, 2009

The wisdom of a seven year old

Here are a few of the funny things Abby has said in the first 2 days of being seven years old!

On fiscal prudence:

A: I like going shopping. It's fun to buy things.
G: Yes it is.
A: But you have to be careful.
G: Hmmm, how come?
A: Because you don't want to be, what's it called? "Broke?"

===

On choosing one's work:

(After Abby told a story about encouraging her friends in P.E. at school)

M: It sounds like you're a good leader. Maybe you should be in the army.
A: No, that would be really hard work.
M: It would be really hard work if you were a dolphin trainer too.
A: Yeah, but if I don't work hard as a dolphin trainer, I'll lose my job; and if I don't work hard in the army, I'll die.
M: touche!

===

On self esteem:

(On a bike ride with me, Noah, and our friends, Bronwyn and Teg)

A: Bronwyn, aren't you SO excited about my birthday party?
B: Yes, I am.
A: I'll be the most important person there!

and later, after Abby thanked Bronwyn for treating us to frozen yogurt...

B: Thank you, Abby, for riding bikes with me.
A: You're welcome.
B: And thank you for eating yogurt with me. It is always more fun to eat yogurt with friends.
A: Mmm Hmmm.
B: And thank you for being so cute.
A: I'm almost always cute.

No comments: