January 8, 2009

a new year, a new computer? um, NOPE

Well, I tried to score a new computer for the new year by dumping a WHOLE GLASS OF WATER on my open macbook. Matthew saved the day by closing it, flipping it, removing the battery--this all looked a lot like the heimlich maneuver, by the way--before it was fried. So I have been without a computer for a while as we let my computer dry out thoroughly.

So far so good...I think my computer has been resuscitated. Thanks to Matthew, Bron and Jeremy for all of your quick thinking and techy efforts on my behalf!

I haven't blogged for a while, and it feels like there is simply too much to repot. Ugh. Where to start? I guess I'll just say that we're thrilled to have Matty home from the interviews. They went well, we think. We now wait to hear about fly outs. Any of you praying types, PLEASE pray for us--that we will get a job and that we'll have peace during the big wait.

OK, gotta go talk to Abby about her birthday party! I'll try to blog again very soon.

1 comment:

Bronwyn said...

simply too much to repot?
ha ha ha.
with all the mammoth amounts of cooking we have been doing, there is most certainly too much to repot :-) Glad you computer (and you) are back in the bloggosphere!